This 80 hour course covers analogue and phase analysis principles and the detection of surface and subsurface flaws, cracks and corrosion. It is fully supported by 50 per cent practical sessions and lectures on the latest developments.
- Aerospace product technology
- Basic principles of eddy currents
- Factors affecting eddy currents
- Coils and probe design
- Practical eddy currents
- Electrical theory
- Basic test set circuits
- Phase analysis
- Practical impedance plane analysis
- The writing of reports and development of procedures
- Modulation analysis
- Bolt and fastener hole inspection using rotating probe equipment
- Latest developments in eddy current technology
At the conclusion of this seminar the student should be able to:
- Describe the basic principles of the eddy current test method.
- List several applications of the eddy current test method.
- List the types of discontinuities detected with the eddy current test method.
- Describe the cause and effect of various types of discontinuities.
- Describe the operational steps in the eddy current test and understand the importance of each step following a written procedure.
- Interpret and evaluate the test results with respect to the applicable standards.
- Complete the required test reports, and prepare a clear and concise written instruction (Procedure).
- Locate defects in various aircraft materials, components and structures with a high probability of detection.
- Pass the end of course test.