This is a 24 hour introductory seminar on non-destructive testing for engineers, auditors, managers, quality assurance personnel, or newcomers to NDT technology, who require an in-depth introduction to the subject. The seminar identifies the practical and management aspects of non-destructive testing.
The advantages and limitations of each main method are described with practical demonstrations and hands-on sessions to enable the student to objectively understand each method’s reliance on the inspecting technician. NDT reliability is discussed, together with international personnel certification.
- Introduction to NDT
- History and development of NDT
- Personnel considerations – certification, the future; a common system
- Visual testing
- Penetrant testing
- Magnetic Particle testing
- Radiographic testing
- Ultrasonic testing
- Eddy Current testing
- Other NDT methods
- Human factors : NDT reliability and probability of detection (POD)
- Glossary of NDT terms
At the conclusion of this seminar the student should be able to:
- Have an understanding of international personnel certification systems.
- Recognise the advantages and limitations of each NDT method.
- Identify the basic areas of audit by FAA and CAA auditors.
- Understand the critical human factors effecting probability of detection of defects.
- Cost effectively manage and co-ordinate the NDT personnel within a technical department.
- Better plan short term and long term NDT logistic requirements.