MAKE UP OPERATOR
Reports to OCTG SIC
Perform all job requirements according to the area specific Standard Operating Procedures.
• Ensure the safe operation of all equipment, sustain a safe environment, produce a quality product meeting all customer requirements and support continuous process improvement.
• Setting all station of Make-up Machine as per POC.
• Maintain the couplings traceability.
• Perform inspection after Make-up process.
Perimeter of Influence (Sector, Unit, Turn-Over, Tons etc) Explain Briefly
• Finishing OCTG area, ArcelorMittal Tubular Products Jubail
Policies, Systems, Process & Procedures
• Fulfill the Health & Safety responsibilities as identified in the Responsibilities and Accountabilities section of the Health & Safety Program.
• Fulfill the Environmental responsibilities as identified in the Responsibilities & Accountabilities section of the Environmental and Energy Program.
• Fulfill the Quality responsibilities as identified in the Quality Management System.
• Fulfill the responsibilities as identified in the Performance Management Process.
• Fulfill the responsibilities as identified in the Attendance Management Process.
• Provide training and development to co-workers and help maintain Standard Operating Procedures, Best Practices and Job Safe Practices to ensure the transfer of knowledge to others.
• Read and understand all policies, procedures (including SOP’s), instructions, rules, regulations (including safety, environment & quality) associated with this position.
• Respond appropriately and where required provide information, reports and communicate effectively.
• Maintain equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements following manufacturer’s instructions, trouble shooting malfunctions and calling for repairs as required.
• Perform maintenance type tasks (Trade Assist) during planned and unplanned outages as required.
• Accurate Set-up the coupling pre-screw on, screw on and drifter.
• Fit the coupling on the treaded pipe end with torque per API specifications.
• Check inner diameter (ID) of the pipe by passing the drift plug.
• Ensure proper product identification and traceability throughout the process.
• Provide the best possible output to ensure the highest quality product.
• Completion of all required paperwork and / or electronic data collection.
• Basic knowledge of the overall Plant is required.
• Good knowledge of equipment and processes in Finishing OCTG.
• Advanced knowledge of customer requirements.
• Operating of machine, program modification and thread gauging
• API, Customer, ISO, EHS and QMS requirements.
• Make-up knowledge of API and Premium connections
• Basic mechanical troubleshooting knowledge.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Basic computer, standard corporate software application skills are required.
• Good troubleshooting, analytical and decision making skills.
• Program, tooling, jaw and handling equipment setup.
• Basic metrological skills. .
Top 3 ArcelorMittal Competencies
• Results Orientation
• Stakeholder Orientation
Education & Experience
• High School Certificate
• Technician Certificate (Mechanical) is an asset.
• 3+ years of relevant experience, preferably in a similar industry.
• Good English speaking, reading and writing.
• Acceptance of multicultural and multilingual atmosphere.
• Office environment. When accessing the Shop and Plant environment Personal Protective Equipment is required.
• Physical Effort (moderate)
o Activities involve alternating positions of sitting, standing, walking and light lifting. Majority of time spent in comfortable positions.
• Physical Environment (moderate)
o Occasional exposure to mild unpleasant or disagreeable conditions of dust, dirt, nocuous odours, noise etc. Remote possibility of accident or health hazards.
• Sensory attention (moderate)
o Need to concentrate on a variety of sensory inputs for intermediate durations at a time requiring close attention several times daily. I.e. interpretive reading, listening, presenting, data analysis etc.
• Mental Stress (moderate)
o Occasional exposure to one or more mental pressures daily not noticeably disruptive to the work. I.e. deadlines, need for accuracy, unpleasant resource contact.
Hours of Work
• 8 hour shift Sunday to Thursday. Overtime as required and directed by supervision.
• The Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
LOCATION - SAUDI