Perform all job requirements according to the area specific Standard Operating Procedures.
• Ensure the safe operation of all equipment, sustain a safe environment, produce a quality product meeting all customer requirements and support continuous process improvement.
Perimeter of Influence (Sector, Unit, Turn-Over, Tons etc) Explain Briefly
• Finishing ArcelorMittal Tubular Products Jubail
Policies, Systems, Process & Procedures
• Fulfill the Health & Safety responsibilities as identified in the Responsibilities and Accountabilities section of the Health & Safety Program.
• Fulfill the Environmental responsibilities as identified in the Responsibilities & Accountabilities section of the Environmental and Energy Program.
• Fulfill the Quality responsibilities as identified in the Quality Management System.
• Fulfill the responsibilities as identified in the Performance Management Process.
• Fulfill the responsibilities as identified in the Attendance Management Process.
• Provide training and development to co-workers and help maintain Standard Operating Procedures, Best Practices and Job Safe Practices to ensure the transfer of knowledge to others.
• Read and understand all policies, procedures (including SOP’s), instructions, rules, regulations (including safety, environment & quality) associated with this position.
• Respond appropriately and where required provide information, reports and communicate effectively.
• Maintain equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements following manufacturer’s instructions, trouble shooting malfunctions and calling for repairs as required.
• Perform maintenance type tasks (Trade Assist) during planned and unplanned outages as required.
• Provide best possible output to ensure the highest quality product.
• Ensure product identification and traceability throughout the process.
• Completion of all required paperwork and / or electronic data collection.
• Basic knowledge of the overall Plant is required.
• Good knowledge of equipment and processes in Finishing.
• Advanced knowledge of Business and Line Specific goals, measures and targets is required.
• Advanced knowledge of customer requirements.
Specific Phosphating Operator Knowledge
• API Standards and Customer Specifications.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Basic computer, standard corporate software application skills are required.
• Good troubleshooting, analytical and decision making skills.
Top 3 ArcelorMittal Competencies
• Results Orientation
• Stakeholder Orientation
Education & Experience
• High School Certificate
• Technician Certificate (Mechanical) is an asset.
• University / College Degree is an asset
• 3+ years of relevant experience, preferably in a similar industry.
• Good English speaking, reading and writing.
• Acceptance of multicultural and multilingual atmosphere.
• 100% Heavy Industrial Shop and Plant environment. Personal Protective Equipment is required.
• Physical Effort (maximum)
o Activities involve alternating positions of sitting, standing, walking and light lifting, bending, twisting.
• Physical Environment (maximum)
o Exposure to noise, heights, confined spaces, poor lighting conditions, material, products and by-products associated with the manufacturing of steel pipe. Temperature and weather extremes that require use of specialized protective devices or equipment.
o Required to climb stairs, ladders and scaffolding to access elevations, able to crouch for periods of time, push, pull, lift and turn while carrying tools, material and equipment in various parts of the facilities.
• Sensory attention (minimal)
o Need to concentrate on a variety of sensory inputs for intermediate durations at times.
I.e. interpretive reading, listening, data analysis etc.
• Mental Stress (minimal)
o Occasional exposure to one or more mental pressures daily not noticeably disruptive to the work. I.e. deadlines, need for accuracy, unpleasant resource contact.
Hours of Work
• 8 hour days or shifts (7 days X 24 hours) with extended hours (overtime) as required due to periods of peak workloads.
• The Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
LOCATION - SAUDI